Sunday, February 6, 2011

Couture Catch up

I have been catching up on my Couture Week shows this weekend. Since I am knee deep in a serious retouching editorial right now, I need a little something to distract me at times. There were a couple shows that stood out.

Of course Jean-Paul Gaultier was amazing. This show stopping can can skirt, complete with full line up of can can dancer legs was a perfect finale to this season's show. I also loved the hair from this show. I am always down for bringing back Mohawks (mind you I don't think I will ever charge mine up). Lastly, I thought to very challenging to have a model smoking her way down the catwalk for the whole show, especially since there is a serious push to ban it everywhere public.



Next, was Dior. I was so tickled way back when Galliano decided to head up this Couture house. I am a huge fan for his work. It is always luxurious, expertly tailored and highly conceptual. With Dior his aesthetic is still there but with a more upscale air. After this show I really would like to rock the red eyebrows and cat mask!


The final surprise for me came from Armani Prive. I am not normally the biggest fan. Armani does beautiful tailoring but it is usually too classic to really stand out, but this time I saw a Blade Runner-esque look walk down the catwalk and I was blown away!


Time to get back to retouching and getting ready for New York Fashion Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment